Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why isn't there a perpetual adoption fund?

One month ago, if you had told me that my wife and I were going to adopt, I would have laughed and thought you were crazy.  The transition from there to where we are now was unexpected.  I can't remember not being ready and willing in my heart to love another's child as my own.  I wonder how often this happens, where common folk like you and me come to this point and cross over.  As a family, we don't have much by American standards, but to the rest of the world, we are wealthy beyond comprehension.  We have a home, clothing, food, work, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We have enough to love and teach and lead these children to greater opportunities in their lives.  We just don't have the money to get them here.
I wonder why there isn't an easily accessible perpetual fund to help people like us adopt.  I'm confident there are many other families who would welcome the opportunity to adopt, but are held back by the large cost, especially for international adoptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment